Wednesday 9 May 2012

Victory Day

As you all know,we celebrate Victory Day in Russia every 9th of May. On this day, TV networks broadcast World War II-inspired films, younger generations honor veterans, and the festivities culminate in a military parade at Moscow’s Red Square. Here is the video from the parade which was held today`s morning.
Most veterans wear their medals as they head to the parade or an event organized by a local veteran organization.
In the end of the day you can see lots of fireworks.Here is the first firework on 9th of May in 1945.
(have you seen so many people anywhere else?!)
Year by year there are less veterans.It is also said that there is no family in Russia,who`s member didn`t die in WW2.In my family all the brothers of my great-great-grandfather and great-great-grandmother died.
I was lucky to see my gggmother and gggfather alive.Though the first one died,when I was 12 years old.But I still remember her.I was spending every summer in the village with them,and I must say it was incredible.My gggfather died when he was 82.It happened 1 year ago...He was only 15 years old when WW2 began.He once told me a story.
It was 1942 when fascists entered the village they were living in.They were going to take everyone to the concentration camp...But one german soldier came to my gggpa and told him to take my gggma and run to the forest with her so they could survive.
I just have this thought in my head,that if they hadn`t survive,there wouldn`t have been any of my grandparents,any of my parents and there wouldn`t have been me...
It is a scary thing.
This is a pic of my gggpa,btw.
And I also have found the pic of 3 women generations...My gggma,grandma and me=)Mum was making a picture of it=)(So all in all 4 generations,hehe)
As for me,I want my future children to be able to see their great-great-grandparents,cause I find it an amazing oportunity.You can learn many things from them and it gives you an unexplainable feeling of understanding that you are not alone and also the biggest proud.
See you!
Take care of your relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment